|Deep Purple — NOW What ?! (2013)
Deep Purple — NOW What ?! (April 26, 2013)
Location: Hertford, England
Album release: April 26th, 2013
Recorded: 2012 in Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Record Label: Label earMusic (UK, part of Edel Group), Edel (Germany) / Eagle Rock Entertainment
01. A Simple Song 4:38
02. Weirdestan 4:14
03. Out Of Hand 6:10
04. Hell To Pay 5:12
05. BodyLine 4:27
06. Above And Beyond 5:31
07. Blood From A Stone (5:18
08. Uncommon Man 7:00
09. Après Vous 5:26
10. All The Time In The World 4:22
11. Vincent Price 4:46
12. It’ll Be Me (Bonus Track) 3:04
• Produced by Bob Ezrin
• Ian Paice — drums, percussion (1968~1976, 1984~present)
• Roger Glover — bass guitar (1969–1973, 1984~present)
• Ian Gillan — vocals, harmonica, percussion (1969~1973, 1984~1989, 1992~present)
• Steve Morse — guitar (1994~present)
• Don Airey — organ, keyboards (2002~present)
• „Eight years after the release of Rapture Of The Deep, following many rumors later revealed to be unfounded, Deep Purple, one of the most important and influential British rock bands of all time, have confirmed the release of an album completely made of new studio material. After various songwriting sessions in Europe, the band recorded and mixed the album in Nashville with producer Bob Ezrin (in his impressive hit record: Pink Floyd’s The Wall, Alice Cooper and many others). The album is rumored to be the perfect match from the original spirit of 70’s Purple, and a fresh and modern production.This deluxe edition is being released with a bonus track and a bonus DVD featuring Deep Purple in conversation plus additional audio material.”
• L’album est dédié à John Lord, disparu l’an dernier. Le bonus DVD n’est pas proposé ici... Il y a juste le CD avec le bonus track et les scans.
By Nick DeRiso (http://somethingelsereviews.com)
• With Now What?!, Deep Purple doesn’t simply return, it sets out to remind you of everything that once made this band a contender for Led Zeppelin’s throne in the early 1970s as the biggest heavy~rocking band of them all.
• Now What?!”, due April 30, 2013 via earMusic, finds Ian Gillan and Co. once again masterfully blending the metal, progressive rock and R&B influences that gave Deep Purple its unique persona — even as they stir in new flourishes to keep things fresh.
• So, you have stalwarts Ian Paice and Roger Glover catching a murderous groove for “Weirdistan,” which features some of guitarist Steve Morse’s gnarliest outbursts — but also “Out of Hand,” with its math~rocky cadence. The opening track “A Simple Song” embodies all of that complexity, beginning with a twilit moment of reverie before Deep Purple quickly reengages with its own patented sense of shambolic thunder~grooving tumult — kicked off by a throwback organ gurgle courtesy of Don Airey that’s so tough it could have been a Jon Lord sample.
• “Body Line” and “Apres Vous” could have fit in perfectly on Machine Head Music, while “Above and Beyond” edges into the netherworlds of Fireball~era prog. The spooky “Blood from a Stone” rises up like a billowing raincloud, even as “All the Time in the World” allows a still~resonant Gillan to settle into the lower, more emotional reaches of his vocal range.
• Not all of it works. So complete is the band’s resurgence on Now What?!, in fact, that the advance track “Hell to Pay” — welcomed upon its release as a return to form — ends up sounding a bit by~the~numbers in this complex and yet utterly listenable new context. Meanwhile, “Uncommon Man,” the longest track here, is perhaps unsurprisingly a bit unfocused — and the horror~themed “Vincent Price” is more fun than it is substantial.
• Still, those brief stumbles take nothing away from the triumphal return that is Now What?!, a third-act success that should reignite the passion of Deep Purple’s oldest fans — while, if there’s any justice, creating legions of new ones along the way.
Deep Purple: Now What?! World Tour 2013:
• 04 August 2013 Slavkov u Brna Czech Republic Zámecký Park
01. Intro tape
02. Fireball (From Fireball)
03. Into The Fire (From Deep Purple In Rock)
04. Hard Lovin’ Man (From Deep Purple in Rock)
05. Maybe I’m A Leo (From Machine Head)
06. Strange Kind of Woman (From Fireball)
07. The Battle Rages On (From The Battle Rages On) or Knocking At Your Back Door (From Perfect Strangers)
08. Contact Lost (From Bananas)
09. Steve Morse Guitar Solo
10. Wasted Sunsets (From Perfect Strangers)
11. The Well~Dressed Guitar (From Rapture of the Deep — Tour Edition)
12. The Mule (From Fireball) (with Ian Paice Drum Solo)
13. Lazy (From Machine Head)
14. No One Came (From Fireball)
15. Don Airey Keyboard Solo
16. Perfect Strangers (From Perfect Strangers)
17. Space Truckin’ (From Machine Head)
18. Smoke on the Water (From Machine Head)
19. Hush (Billy Joe Royal cover) (From Shades of Deep Purple)
20. Roger Glover Bass Solo
21. Black Night (From Deep Purple in Rock)
|Deep Purple — NOW What ?! (2013)