Peter Luha - guitarist, composer
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Currently: Paris, France
Occupation: Musician, Freelance Artist
Description: Composer, singer and instrumentalist - playing virtuoso guitar, also bassguitar, mandolin, flute, oud and violin ..., in several music genres..
Biography: Peter Luha
- studied violin, guitar, composition, visual art and pedagogy.
- sang for several years in Adademic Singing Choir COMENIUS at Pedagogically College at Comenius University in Bratislava (also as the main solo singer), with which he received from 1993 to 1998 at Slovak and abroad choir competitions and competitive festivals many awards.
- in 1999 won a I. place in „Gitariada 1999“ - The ...International Guitarist Competition in Prague /Czech Republic/, organized by journal Muzikus.
- any years - after high school and during college - he played music on the streets.
- also has a long lasting experience with tuition (privatly) and classwork activity (Cultural center in Bratislava, YMCA Bratislava, Yamaha School Bratislava..).
- activities connected with preparing and organizing cultural events.
- is organizer and director of international guitar festival GUITARFEST in Bratislava /2006, 2007/.
- is the author and the interpret of various musical projects. He wrote the music for dancing theater and participated on different projects with another artists.
- has performed at many music festivals, played about 130 concerts each year.
- focusses on seeking new trends and techniques in guitar music and their presentation as well as a tuition of young starting musicians.
- last few years organizes guitar workshops for young guitar players to teach them some special techniques and styles.
- in 2010 began working on the animation project "On the Road" with painter Lucia Černeková
- from March to June 2011 composed and recorded in Spain (artistic residency Nau Coclea in Camallera, Girona, Barcelona, Malaga..),
and currently Peter is in Paris at Cite des Arts.
Silent Duo (unplugged music) 1999 - 2010 with Richard Loco Loco (from left)
Silent Duo / from left: Michal Paška, Richard Loco Loco & Peter Luha
CD release (2005) with Juraj Mokrý
With Al Di Meola
With John Scofield
Victor Lemonte Wooten
Born: September 11, 1964, Mountain Home, Idaho, U.S.
News & Actualities
Eric Copeland – Whorehouse Blues (2011)
Carter Tanton – Free Clouds (2011)
Kathleen Edwards – Voyageur (2012)
Nina Hagen – Volksbeat (2011)
Gary Lucas & Gods and Monsters – The Ordeal of Civility (2011)
Aurelio Voltaire – Riding a Black Unicorn Down the Side of ...
Skaldowie – Od Wschodu do Zachodu Słońca
Anna Ternheim – The Night Visitor
Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales
News & accesories
Music. Warmth people. Good songs.Delight in female voice.YOU!Kaki King