White Lies — To Lose My Life… [10th Ann. Deluxe Ed.] (Oct. 25, 2019/2 LP)
• Album, které bylo původně vydáno 19. ledna 2009, debutovalo v žebříčku alb ve Velké Británii na #1. To bylo poprvé od jakékoli britské kapely v roce 2009. Album mapovalo v 11 zemích po celém světě a v současné době je certifikovaným zlatem ve Velké Británii. Označení 10. výročí, pokud jeho vydání UMC je re~press s alternativními uměleckými díly, bude k dispozici také 2LP luxusní verze, s výbavou v 6~ti panelovém trojitém složení LP & 12”x12” brožury s novými poznámkami od každého člena a doposud nespatřené obrázky. Zde tedy máme vydání původního alba na LP1, na druhé LP2, které kapela kurátoruje, jsou B~strany, alternativní verze Unfinished Business, Remixy, Live skladby a nevydané demáče, které najdete v osobním archivu basáka Charlese Caveho.
• „Když jsme poslouchali demáč Fire & Wings, bylo to tak jakoby bez chuti. Ale podařilo se nám to pomocí našeho důvěryhodného inženýra a samozřejmě také Alana Mouldera až na úroveň, aby to znělo úžasně. Smíchal tu konkrétní píseň, ale zase si nemyslím, že by někdo mohl dělat lepší práci než on, naštěstí jsme ho měli na palubě!“
∇ To Lose My Life is the debut album by 21st indie rock band White Lies. Originally released 19th January 2009, the album debuted at No.1 in the UK album charts. This was the first UK number 1 of any British band in 2009. The album charted in 11 countries worldwide and is currently certified gold in the UK. To mark the album’s 10th Anniversary, UMC will be releasing a 2LP deluxe version, housed in a 6~panel triple gatefold LP & 12”x12” booklet with new notes supplied from each member and unseen images. This will feature the original album on LP1, LP2 curated by the band will be a new disc featuring B~sides, an alternative version of Unfinished Business, Remixes, Live tracks and unreleased demo’s found in bass player Charles Cave’s personal archive.
Location: London, UK
Album release: 19 Jan. 2009/Oct. 25, 2019
Record Label: UMC/Polydor
Duration: 21:55+23:01 => 44:56 / 23:53+24:01 => 47:54 => 92:50
LP1 Side One:
01. Death 5:01
02. To Lose My Life 3:11
03. A Place To Hide 5:01
04. Fifty On Our Foreheads 4:22
05. Unfinished Business 4:20
06. E.S.T. 5:02
07. From The Stars 4:52
08. Farewell To The Fairground 4:17
09. Nothing To Give 4:11
10. The Price Of Love 4:39
1. Taxidermy (B~Side) 3:16
2. You Still Love Him (unreleased demo) 3:21
3. Black Song (B~Side) 3:50
4. Farewell to The Fairground (unreleased demo) 4:33
5. Unfinished Business (Chess Club Single version) 4:10
6. From The Stars (unreleased demo) 4:43
1. To Lose My Life (Live, La Maroquinerie, Paris) 3:11
2. E.S.T (Live @ iTunes Festival, London) 4:28
3. A Place To Hide (Live @ iTunes Festival, London) 5:01
4. Death (Crystal Castles remix) 4:59
5. Nothing To Give (M83 remix) 6:22
By Tim Peacock
• Ten years ago, White Lies released their monumental debut To Lose My Life, the album which kick~started their music career. To celebrate a decade of soaring success, an exclusive 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition will be released on vinyl via UMC on 25 October.
• Originally released on 19 January 2009, the album debuted at No.1 in the UK album charts. This was the first UK number 1 of any British band in 2009. The album charted in 11 countries worldwide and is currently certified gold in the UK.
• The anniversary release is a special thank you to the fans and marks a glorious decade for the band. It will feature alternative artwork, a limited edition 2LP deluxe version. This is housed in a 6~panel triple gatefold LP & 12”x12” booklet with unseen images and new notes supplied by Harry, Jack and Charles. As well as the original album on LP1, a limited edition LP2 has been curated by the band — featuring a selection of B~sides, an alternative version of ‘Unfinished Business’, remixes, live tracks and unreleased demo’s.
• To commemorate the anniversary, the band are also putting on a European tour playing the album in its entirety; including two shows at London’s Brixton Academy and one at Manchester Academy in December.
... feature a selection of B~sides, an alternative version of ‘Unfinished Business’, remixes, live tracks and unreleased demos.
• 10 years ago, White Lies released their monumental debut To Lose My Life, the album which kick~started their music career. Originally released on 19 January 2009, the album debuted at No.1 in the UK album charts. This was the first UK number 1 of any British band in 2009. The album charted in 11 countries worldwide and is currently certified gold in the UK.
• Received positively and slated as a contender for the Mercury Music Prize, the album was produced by Ed Buller and Max Dingel, who have previously worked with the Killers and Glasvegas. The album includes the singles “Unfinished Business, ”Death,” “To Lose My Life,” and “From the Stars.”
• Charles Cave says, “We’ve never stopped celebrating our debut album, ‘To Lose My Life,’ since it came out. Its songs travel with us all over the world, and seem to get better as the years stack up. A decade on feels like a milestone to indulge in; to dig out lost versions, live recordings from those early days, youthful photos, notebook ramblings, set~lists and all.
• “The vinyl format of this album has long been out of print, and much hungered for amongst our fans, so it brings us much pleasure to reissue it in this deluxe repressing so everyone can own a copy and look back at a decade of the music with us. The preparations we’re making for the tour surrounding this release are just as exciting. This will be the most dramatic, and cinematic show White Lies have ever put together, as we play ‘To Lose My Life’ from start to finish, and then a second set of rarities (shhhh!) and the best bits from the four albums that have followed. Don’t miss any of it! We won’t do it again!”
• To Lose My Life, with its string of successful singles, propelled White Lies into the spotlight of UK music, but the years since then are not without their grand moments. Ritual spawned the epic ‘Bigger Than Us’ while Big TV was a confident shot at a more concept~based record. Two years after the Friends LP, White Lies returned in 2019 with Five and a forty~date sold out tour across UK and Europe.
Words: Josh Williams.